Who is Alisha Byrd?
Alisha Byrd is a business coach dedicated to helping creative women live their life & create their business on purpose. She’s a self-published author of “The Blogpreneur” and is currently working on her second book, “Living Over Existing.” Alisha is also the creator behind several physical products created to help online business owners organize and build their brands. Through her work, Alisha empowers women to uncover their voice, ditch fear, gain clarity & begin making money doing what they love.
In this episode, you will learn the art of knowing when to quit something you love to grow to the next level, the importance of building a strong brand as a beginning entrepreneur, why it’s key to give up control in order to grow, how to view fear as just an emotion, and how to overcome negative thoughts and opinions of others.
“Fear is just an emotion. Just like sadness, happiness, and loneliness. It will come and it will fade away.” – @thealishanicole
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- The more I shared about the vulnerable aspects of running a business, the more people began to engage with me.
- As an entrepreneur, you feel everything. Every triumph, every failure, every dollar made and lost.
- It got to the point where I had to choose between my sanity or a paycheck. So I chose myself. I chose my sanity.
- Branding is more than just a logo and a website. It’s your story, it’s the reason why you do what you do, and it’s the people you serve.
- When I gave up the need for control, the right choices for my business long term became much clearer.
- Get strategic about the content you’re creating. Are you creating a hobby or a business?
- How do you plan to monetize your side project?
- I don’t want to be another internet coach regurgitating information I read online. I want to experiment, test, and live out different approaches before I ever teach any of it to others.
- Your brand is your business’s identity to the rest of the world.
- Once you zero in on your brand and who you want to serve, your website design, coloring, and messaging gets easier to create because you know who you’re creating for.
- Fear is just an emotion. Just like sadness, happiness, and loneliness. It will come and it will fade away.
- The people who are talking negatively about you are only doing it because they are too afraid to step out and do something they love for themselves.
- I became an entrepreneur to have the freedom to chose my own hours and lifestyle. Not to be glued to my computer.
Lovin' The Laptop Lifestyle?
Register to receive new podcast episodes filled with inspiration straight to your inbox!