Who is Jennifer Worman?
Jennifer co-founded T+J Designs with her sister four years ago starting out just designing jewelry. Now they design clothing and jewelry sold all over the world and that is sold wholesale in over 300 boutiques. Their jewelry line has been featured in InStyle, The Today Show Oprah, US Weekly, Who What Wear, among many others.
Family is a key component to Jennifer’s life, as the mother of two adorable sons. She works closely with her mother, father, sister and other family members to run T + J like the empire it is.
In this episode you will learn the difference between following trends and creating them, how to use social media like a true business building tool, the key components of running a successful online company, and the importance of data based decisions.
“Standing out online isn’t just about being seen, it’s about being seen by the right person.” – @redsolesandredwine
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- There are so many opportunities that arise from just simply having a blog.
- It’s easy to test the market with a new product idea because social media is free. Only invest in building a product after you’ve tested the market.
- Knowing your customer is the most critical component of running a successful business
- It’s not about designing what you love, but what your customers love.
- Every company needs to have their target customer in their mind before they start in order to have a cohesive brand.
- Partnering with other brands is important for cross promotions, because at the end of the day, no one shops at the same store for everything.
- When things go wrong, it’s not about dwelling on it. It’s about moving forward and trying to figure out how to fix it.
- Dwelling on mistakes is a waste of time and energy.
- What is your personal brand? What do people think of when they think of you?
- Marketing is a vehicle that everybody does differently.
- It takes hours and energy to learn each marketing platform. Be patient. Monitor the conversion. Then decide if you should continue using the platform.
- The most successful e-commerce companies are the ones that know how to use technology
- Standing out online isn’t just about being seen, it’s about being seen by the right person.
- Successful companies are built on following data.
Lovin' The Laptop Lifestyle?
Register to receive new podcast episodes filled with inspiration straight to your inbox!