Who is Kelly Mindell?
Kelly Mindell is the colorful powerhouse behind the DIY lifestyle blog Studio DIY where she shares bold projects, yummy recipes and fresh ideas for making life one big party. Kelly is passionate about celebrating not just the holidays, but the every day and her smile-inducing projects have been featured in Martha Stewart Living and Parenting Magazine, and on Buzzfeed, The Today Show, Miley Cyrus, NPR and more. Kelly lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Jeff, and son, Arlo.
In this episode, you will learn how to create a loyal community online, how to address negative comments online with kindness, the importance of honoring your intuition in life and business, and why you need to take control of your own future to create the life you want.
“One of the biggest issues people have is they see life in boxes. You have to get outside of those preplanned, perfect boxes and chase what you want.”
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- Why not ask, the worst someone can say is no.
- One of the biggest issues people have is they see life in boxes. You have to get outside of those preplanned, perfect boxes and chase what you want.
- Just because something is laid out for you, doesn’t mean you can’t challenge the plan.
- Don’t confine yourself to just one career, one job, one industry. You can do more if you want to. Much more.
- You are what makes your blog and business unique. Put more of you into your blog and your audience will be able to tell.
- Start with baby steps on the journey to being transparent online. Start with sharing small
- “I don’t see a consequence to sharing my life online. The internet gives me the opportunity to connect with other people in the world.”
- Working behind a laptop can be very isolating. When you open up online, you realize you’re not alone.
- Everyone’s biggest struggle is learning to listen to your gut from the start. Listen to your intuition.
- Curiosity is the key to creativity. Always have your eyes open and be receptive to inspiration from every moment of life.
- “The Laptop Lifestyle gives me the opportunity to connect with people all over the world and to learn and grow from each interaction.”
W: studiodiy.com IG: @studiodiy
FB: Studio DIY
Lovin' The Laptop Lifestyle?
Register to receive new podcast episodes filled with inspiration straight to your inbox!