Who is Kelsey Cherry?
Kelsey’s work goes beyond producing exceptional photos. She aims to make every person she works with feel comfortable and connected with others. A joyful community builder, Kelsey aims to translate the personal connection she creates within people to each of her photos.
Kelsey specializes in portraits, fashion, and travel. Her work has been featured in ELLE Magazine, The Everygirl, US Weekly, The New York Times, and Redbook. She is behind the camera for some of Nashville’s most influential bloggers including Moriah Murrell, Velvet’s Edge, Nutrition Stripped, and Happily Grey.
In this episode, Kelsey takes you on her journey as a photographer as she finding a community that uplifts and inspires her. You will learn the importance of community, self-care, and how to establish strong business relationships with brands.
No matter what your circumstances are, if you’re surrounded by the right people and have a strong passion, you really can be whatever you want. – @kelseycherry
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- If you can bring something to the table and see what other’s can add to the idea, that’s where the magic happens.
- People are going to be attracted to you if you act in your real self and not abide by what other people think.
- As a solo entrepreneur or creative, you see the world around you and it can be extremely intimidating on your own.
- When you’re doing something you love and you’re surrounded by a lot of people doing the same thing, you don’t know where to dive in.
- There is always something to learn and something you don’t know. It’s important to be open to learn from others.
- When you say yes to every project that comes your way, you lose a little bit of your character and creativity.
- If you go into everything that you do and you feel inspired by it, you’e going to end up creating something that you’re more proud of.
- Having a blog as a creative is important because it allows people to see who you are and your real life.
- No matter what your circumstances are, if you’re surrounded by the right people and have a strong passion, you really can be whatever you want.
- You were not put on this planet to pay bills and then die.
- You can do more work and have more freedom when you allow yourself to have a set schedule with boundaries.
- When you constantly say “I’m so busy”, people hear that and that’s what you become known for. And that’s how you miss opportunity.
Mentioned in the show:
Kelsey was one of the first people I followed on Instagram when I moved to Nashville. I found myself continuously inspired by her positive outlook on life and eye for catching real moments. After getting the chance to talk to Kelsey and hear more of her story, she is even more of an inspiration to me. She is one of those people that can walk in a room, or a conversation and immediately make you feel comfortable in your own skin. That is why she is so successful. She calms the people around her and is unapologetically herself in the process.
Continue the Inspiration:
Lovin' The Laptop Lifestyle?
Register to receive new podcast episodes filled with inspiration straight to your inbox!