Who is Lauren Kay Sims?
Lauren Kay Sims is a lifestyle blogger incorporating all things travel, fitness, fashion and faith. Her blogging journey began in 2014 after she left the corporate world as a buyer for Neiman Marcus and started writing and running LOLOMag.com alongside Lauren Scruggs Kennedy. In the fall of 2015, Lauren Kay Sims took a leap of faith and started her own blog and brand. In just a short year and a half, she has grown her blog following to over 175k on social media and is making a full time income from her blog.
She has collaborated with brands like Nike, ASOS, Lululemon, Four Seasons, Nordstrom, Kendra Scott, and more. Connecting with women online and cultivating conversations about confidence, faith, and finding beauty in everyday life is at the core of why Lauren started her blog.
In this episode, you will hear about Lauren’s career leaps from corporate life to the unconventional world of blogging, how to take risks and own your work, the importance of setting boundaries as an entrepreneur, the behind the scenes of what goes into a single blog post, how to be unfiltered in a filtered world, and learning to hold everything with an open palm.
“People want to see the real life stuff, because that’s what connects them to you and creates a sense of trust and loyalty.” – @LaurenKaySims
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- “I never want to feel like a slave to my desk and suffocated by the work I do.”
- When it’s time to make a change, you’ll know. As soon as you feel that urge, take action.
- There’s nothing like owning the work you create. Cultivating a sense of ownership is key to creating your best work.
- There is no 8-5 life for an entrepreneur.
- The difficult thing about entrepreneurship is the more you work the more you make, and the more you make the more you want to work. But where’s the balance? How do you avoid burnout?
- As a blogger, part of the job is to make it all look effortless – but it’s not. There’s a reality to every filtered image.
- People want to see the real life stuff, because that’s what connects them to you and creates a sense of trust and loyalty.
- “Sharing my faith online was never a decision. My faith and relationship with The Lord is my life. So sharing that part of my life is natural and a core part of who I am.”
- Hold every opportunity with an open palm.
W: laurenkaysims.com IG: @laurenkaysims
Lovin' The Laptop Lifestyle?
Register to receive new podcast episodes filled with inspiration straight to your inbox!