Marisa Sergi is the CEO of RedHead Wine. Her love affair with wine started in the basement of her parents’ home with a sippy cup at age 5. In fifth grade, she went public with her dream of being a winemaker. A third-generation winemaker, she came by her career choice naturally, having grown up in the family winery business, and in 2015, she graduated from Cornell with a degree in Enology and Viticulture. She also interned for and worked at E&J Gallo Winery in California.
Her senior year capstone project at Cornell led to the launch of RedHead Wine – a unique blend of California Zinfandel and Chilean Carménère. Although Marisa’s only been working full-time on RedHead since last August, it’s already available at nearly 200 stores in Ohio. And she has been hard at work on a Provence-style rosé, with a profile that is fruit forward but clean, crisp and refreshing.
Her longer-term goal is to create an iconic RedHead Brand, with a broad product line, aimed at millennials and females. Marisa’s wine is her own unique concept, and now a growing business, if you will pardon the pun.
In this episode, you will learn the importance of asking for help and feedback on your work, the value of in-person connections to grow your online business, what it means to be a woman in business, and how to master the power of unconventional thinking.
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- When something you’re working on transforms from just a project and turns into an addition, you know you’re onto something.
- Entrepreneurship isn’t always about the “business”. It can also be about pursuing work that you truly enjoy and less about money.
- When the minutes and hours melt away and time seems to slip by, you know you’re doing something you were born to do.
- Entrepreneurship is not a one man band.
- The answer is always no if you don’t ask. Take down the fear of rejection and just do it.
- If you’re not trying or going in for “the ask” you’re already rejecting yourself from the “yes” opportunities.
- Never be selfish in entrepreneurship
- What makes you different is what can make you successful.
- If you don’t believe in your product, how can you expect anyone else to?
W: redheadwine.us IG: @redheadwine
FB: RedHead Wine
Lovin' The Laptop Lifestyle?
Register to receive new podcast episodes filled with inspiration straight to your inbox!