Who is Olivia Muenter?
Olivia Muenter is the Fashion and Beauty Editor of Bustle. With over 10 million monthly unique visitors, this online magazine provides a fresh spin on news, entertainment, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and any and all subjects that concern women.
After graduating college from the University of Florida, Olivia moved to New York City to begin her career at Bustle where she primarily writes about fashion and beauty alongside creating shareable Pinterest content. With a viral article under her belt, this inspiring woman spends her time creating content that educates, inspires, and entertains women around the world.
In this episode, Olivia will share the hustle it took her to land a job right out of college at one of the largest online women’s magazines, how to find your voice as a writer, and why it’s important to stay grounded.
Say yes to things that intimidate you and figure the rest out along the way. – @oliviamuenter
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- Say yes to things that intimidate you and figure the rest out along the way. @oliviamuenter
- No matter how bad it is, just put one foot in front of the other to get yourself started.
- Focus on yourself. The more you focus on other’s, the less successful you’ll be at being yourself. @oliviamuenter
- Never doubt yourself. If you have an idea and you think it’s good, it more than likely is. So go for it. @oliviamuenter
- Find the sweet spot of writing that appeals to a large group of people, but that’s entirely your own voice.
- Who you surround with plays a big role in how you feel about yourself. @oliviamuenter
- If you’re around people who bring you down, your self talk will reflect that.
- We live in a world where we can create the life and career we want. Why not do it?
- There is so much freedom in being able to work from anywhere with just a single laptop. @oliviamuenter
- Don’t let small minuscule things take up space in your creative life. Use that energy for yourself.
Mentioned in the Show
- What I Instagrammed Vs. Reality (Olivia’s first viral article)
- To The Stranger Who Runs My Instagram Account: Let’s Hang Out
- Olivia’s Writing Profile via Bustle
- Bustle Online Magazine
I first discovered Olivia from her “What I Instagrammed Vs. Reality” article via Pinterest over a year ago. I thought to myself, I have to find this hilarious, relatable woman to follow on Instagram. And I’m so glad I did. Her witty humor and real outlook on life is so refreshing making her an obvious guest for this show. I was honored she accepted. She is so humble and kind – which makes me love her even more.
I’m a big fan of Olivia and her work. She fearlessly went after what she wanted and didn’t let anything stop her. You can too.
Continue the inspiration:
Lovin' The Laptop Lifestyle?
Register to receive new podcast episodes filled with inspiration straight to your inbox!