Who is Ashley Wilson?
Ashley Wilson is the girlboss behind the online women’s clothing boutique, Everest & Co. After studying film in LA, Ashley moved to Nashville, TN in search of living out her creative passion. Once in Nashville, she studied Music Business and started working at Universal Music Group. What seemed like a dream job, wasn’t quite fulfilling Ashley’s desire to create and run her own business.
That’s when the idea of Everest & Co. came to life. Ashley says it best, “Everest & Co. was dreamt up from a cubicle in a glass high-rise building in Nashville, TN. We are here to make you feel your best, simple as that. Let’s be real though…not everything looks great on everyone and that’s okay! Embrace it. We are here to make you feel good and find the perfect clothes for you. We want you to get that job, find the love of your life, and run the world in our clothes. All eyes will and should be on you. Because #LifeAtTheTop is just so much more fun.”
With a #LifeAtTheTop, her goal is to celebrate every aspect of a women’s life, especially those mountain top moments!
In this episode, you will learn how to narrow your target audience when you’re in the beginning stages of building a brand, balancing working full time while creating a business on the side, the millennial mindset about the corporate world, and how to have those difficult conversations that will get you closer to your dreams.
“When starting a business, you might feel like you are standing at the bottom of Mount Everest wondering how you’re going to get to the top.” – Ashley Wilson
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- I always knew I wanted to run a business, I just didn’t know what it would be.
- There is so much freedom that comes once you take complete ownership over what you do.
- When starting a business, you might feel like you are standing at the bottom of Mount Everest wondering how you’re going to get to the top.
- How well do you know your target audience? What do they want most and how can you best serve them?
- A business can’t get off the ground and be successful if you’re not putting any time into it.
- When your full time job starts to get in the way of your passion, and you come home unmotivated to work on your side hustle, that’s when it’s time to quit your full time job.
- Millennials have incredible knowledge, but it might not seem like knowledge to older generations because it’s digital knowledge.
- As an entrepreneur, every choice you make directly impacts your life verses someone else making the decisions for you.
- The answer is always no if you don’t ask.
- Make life about building relationships and business will follow.
- The first step off the ledge is always the hardest.
- Approach difficult conversations and decisions with respect and honesty, instead of doubt and negativity.
- Regret is a byproduct of not honoring your emotions.
- There’s no point in dreaming if you’re not dreaming big.