Who is Ben Kissam?
Ben ‘Coach K’ Kissam is a coach, author and host of The Coach K Show. He teaches people how to achieve their goals by becoming ‘that’ person we’ve all met that finds success in everything they do. Ben is also a teacher and NLP Master Practitioner in the business of helping people achieve their goals. He has coached clients in areas including weight loss, new habit formation, breaking of bad habits, discovering purpose, and advancement of careers.
Ben is the author of the bestselling book, Confined To A Cave, a 30-day guide to turning exercise and diet into lifelong habits. When he’s not working on his business, you can find him in the gym, hiking, writing, reading, or traveling.
Movement is the primary way that Ben leads a balanced life, while competition continually drives him to practice what he preaches in his teachings. He has completed 8 ultra-marathons, won CrossFit competitions, and competed in powerlifting.
In this episode you will learn the step by step roadmap to setting and reaching your goals, how to manage stress in the midst of failure and overwhelm, and why it’s important to have yet contain your ego as an entrepreneur.
“The confidence to execute anything comes from discipline and that discipline comes from putting in the work every single day.” @thecoachkshow
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- Reaching your goals is possible in any setting as long as you’re committed to the process.
- You have to know who you are and what comes to you naturally.
- What are you holding on to that’s plaguing you from moving forward and getting the results you desire?
- Create a lifestyle around the things that you care about and the goals you want to achieve.
- We judge people for what they value most if it’s different than us, but most of the time we’re just choosing different vehicles of fulfillment.
- Motivation comes and goes, but it’s your habits and the things you commit to on a daily basis that will produce the results you want.
- The confidence to execute anything comes from discipline and that discipline comes from putting in the work every single day.
- People know when you’re not confident in your ability to deliver.
- When you focus so much on what you’re not, you lose sight of what you are.
- Ego is a distortion of reality.
- A little ego is necessary as an entrepreneur because what you’re doing isn’t the normal path so you need confidence to keep going.
- Learn to separate yourself from the results you’re getting because it can feed into your ego and detour your future success.
- You can’t change something you’re not aware of.
Mentioned in the show