The Summit of Greatness in Columbus, OH
When 450 entrepreneurs and “wave-makers” get together in one room, magic happens. That’s the only way I can accurately describe my week at The Summit of Greatness in Columbus, OH. The Summit was organized by the one and only Lewis Howes, NYT best-selling author and podcaster of The School of Greatness.
This last minute trip turned into a life changing experience that I will never forget. I met people with dreams bigger than mine that challenged me to think bigger and love who I am. The conference featured incredible speakers Stacy London, Matthew Hussey, Kyle Maynard, and many more.
On this #SoloCast, I share with you a few take aways from my favorite speakers, my big personal takeaway and a pretty big challenge for you!
“Circumstances never define who you are. It’s only how you react to those circumstances that will create or destroy the path you’re on.” – @fabioviviani
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- Relationships expert and NTY best selling author and coached thousands of people
- “In life you need two things – competence and confidence.”
- Layers of Confidence – misunderstood concept
- Surface – what you project/what people see/competence
- Lifestyle – life/things that give your confidence/job/house/car/network/you can lose this
- Core – left with this at the end of the day/God/when nothing else remains
- “Get good at being alone. Be okay on your own. Then you’re not afraid of losing someone.”
- Matthew Hussey interview with Lewis Howes on The School of Greatness
- Get the Guy written by Matthew Hussey (New York Times Best Seller)
- Top chef, restaurateur, and writer of cookery books who has appeared on reality television.
- “Time will still go by, whether you choose to take action or not.”
- “You can’t compare yourself to what’s out there. You just have to be better than the day before.”
- “Whether you’re running forward or limping forward. Forward is forward.”
- “Circumstances never define who you are. It’s only how you react to those circumstances that will create or destroy the path you’re on.”
- American stylist/fashion consultant, author, and magazine editor known for her time as co-host on What Not to Wear.
- “Theres a difference between success and fulfillment.”
- “You can have skill set without any meaning behind it.”
- “Don’t ignore what you don’t like about you body.”
- “The thing you think you’re hiding from the world you’re really screaming.”
- The Truth About Style by Stacy London
- IN-Q is a National Poetry Slam Champion and multi-platinum winning songwriter
- “Growing up is about learning and then unlearning everything we learned.”
- “Maturity means standing in the dark to bring in the light and trusting that everything out of your control will be alright.”
- “Learned fear can be overcome when you realize the voice inside your head isn’t yours. It’s an imitation from the voices before.”
- “The world is so much bigger than your insecurities and they don’t speak on your behalf without your souls authority.”
- “Creativity comes through us. And you can’t get mad at it when it doesn’t show up. You just have to get out of the way when it does show up.
The Summit of Greatness really was a game changer for me. I actually already bought my ticket for next year’s Summit! If you are interested in purchasing tickets, they are on early bird special, but won’t be for long. You can purchase them here!
After listening to this #SoloCast recap, I challenge you to take 5 minutes and think about what is standing between you and you goals. Then post what you discovered on Instagram and tag me @alexisteichmiller!