Who is Elise Hodge?
Hailing from the sunny Gold Coast, Australia, Elise Hodge is the founder of She is Light and the Flourish on Instagram course.
Elise started She is Light on Instagram in late 2015 with a mission is to empower young women to understand their worth and pursue purpose-filled lives. With her background in Public Relations and Media, Elise harnessed the power of Instagram to rapidly grow the She is Light community, attracting young women from around the world. With her expertise in Instagram strategy, it was natural for her create an Instagram course, Flourish on Instagram, to help others use the platform to attract their unique audience too.
Elise believes life is too short not to pursue your passions – it’s this mantra that led her to quit her full-time job in turn for a part-time job and more flexibility, allowing her to work on what she loves! With a whole lot of tenacity and a bit of faith, Elise is working on developing She is Light to be the go-to online community for young women around the world.
In this episode, you will see the value of creating a community for people to feel safe and heard online, how to use tools like social media to really understand and connect with your audience, how to pursue a vulnerable lifestyle, how to use intentional thinking to make move in your careers and life, and the importance of separating the feelings of failure from comparison.
“There’s a movement of people who are striving to be more authentic on the internet. Will you be apart of it?” – @SheIsLight
Listen above – Direct Download – Subscribe on iTunes
- We were created to be a light to the world and to each other, to lift up, encourage, and make a difference in the world.
- I had a concept and I ran with it. It wasn’t about figuring every aspect out before starting, it was just about starting.
- Working with women and having successful relationships can be hard. That’s why female community is so important.
- Millennials aren’t afraid of pursuing their dreams because they want to do fulfilling work.
- Use social media to start conversations. Ask questions and leave the door open to hear their thoughts and opinions.
- There’s a movement of people who are striving to be more authentic on the internet.
- Thinking about and writing down your thoughts, worries, and dreams might be easy, but sharing them in an open forum online is much scarier.
- You build trust by being real and honest. People need to know there’s a person behind the business.
- People are searching for “me too” moments. That’s what it means to share and be authentic – creating “me too” moments.
- It’s hard to serve people you don’t know and they don’t know you. You have to tear down the walls separating you from everyone else.
- You don’t need to share everything. The internet is not our counselor, it’s a tool.
- Dream jobs take years to build.
- What do you want life to be like in 5 years? How do you want to feel?
- Nothing is a waste. Every job, every college course, every mistake – they are building your story and your experience to lead you to where you’re suppose to be.
- When’s the last time you set aside time to think? Just to think? To dream?
- Nothing happens when you don’t make time for it.
- What is something you’ve learned in the last year that people continually ask you about that you could teach them?
- You only have to be a few steps ahead of other people in order to teach them something.
- Your content isn’t for everyone. Focus on who it’s for and don’t pay attention to who it’s not for.